Trump Takes Immigration Into His Own Hands, Vows ‘Millions of Illegal Aliens’ To Be Deported Next Week

President Trump will be cracking down on illegal immigration like never before in his administration, he revealed in a tweet on Monday evening.

In the tweet, Trump pledged to begin deporting “million of illegal aliens” from the country.

“Next week ICE will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States,” Trump said in the tweet.

The president also shared some rare praise for Mexico and their new effort to combat illegal immigration: “They will be removed as fast as they come in. Mexico, using their strong immigration laws, is doing a very good job of stopping people long before they get to our Southern Border.”

Trump also indicated that Guatemala was set to join the U.S. and Mexico in the effort to combat mass migrations.

“Guatemala is getting ready to sign a Safe-Third Agreement. The only ones who won’t do anything are the Democrats in Congress. They must vote to get rid of the loopholes, and fix asylum! If so, Border Crisis will end quickly!” he tweeted.

The Hill reports a “safe third agreement” would force asylum seekers to claim asylum and settle in the first country they enter, not the country they want to stay.

This would force migrants who want to claim asylum in the U.S. who cross Guatemala to settle there—they could no longer freely pass through the country and later claim asylum in the U.S. Here’s more:

A big sticking point in negotiations between Mexico and the Trump administration to prevent tariffs from being imposed on Mexican exports is the U.S. demand for a “safe third country” agreement when it comes to asylum-seekers traveling to the United States.

If Mexico signed a safe third country agreement, Central American migrants would no longer be able to cross the U.S.-Mexico border to surrender to U.S. authorities and stay in the country while they await asylum proceedings.

BizPac Review reports State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus shared in a statement that Central American countries including Honduras, El Salvador, and Guatemala have not done enough to stave off migrants from leaving their countries and entering the U.S.

“We will not provide new funds for programs in those countries until we are satisfied that the Northern Triangle governments are taking concrete actions to reduce the number of migrants coming to the U.S. border,” she said. “This is consistent with the president’s direction and with the recognition that it is critical that there be sufficient political will in these countries to address the problem at its source.”

Here’s even more, from Politico:

The warning from the president follows what Trump heralded as a victorious deal on trade and immigration reached two weeks ago with Mexican officials. The president had threatened to impose a slate of escalating tariffs on America’s southern neighbor if Mexico did not take more drastic measures to curb the flow of migrants traveling through Mexico and into the U.S. from countries including Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador.

The Trump administration announced in March that it would eliminate hundreds of millions of dollars in foreign aid to the three Northern Triangle nations. But the State Department said Monday it would reduce those cuts and provide roughly $432 million in aid previously allocated in fiscal year 2017, according to the Associated Press.

The remaining sum of the aid will be withheld until the U.S. determines whether the Central American countries have acted sufficiently to address the mass migration, according to the Trump administration.