‘Not Good…’: Trump Breaks Silence On Covington Catholic High School Students Situation

President Trump has finally broken his silence on a recent situation concerning a group of teenagers from Covington Catholic High School and Native American political activists.

The two groups met outside of the Lincoln Memorial where mainstream media initially vilified the students as the aggressors. The altercation was not physical, but as more details and complete videos surfaced, mainstream media outlets were forced to backtrack their accounts and some of them apologized to the students.

During the March for Life rally, the teenaged-students and the Native American political activists reportedly exchanged words and the tense situation was widely covered by mainstream media. But, some of these outlets claimed the students were chanting racial or otherwise disparaging words and phrases—a claim the students disputed. New information showed the slurs came from a third group of self-identified Black Hebrew Israelite members.

In a tweet, Trump said the media jumped to rushed conclusions and treated the students “unfairly.”

“Looking like Nick Sandman & Covington Catholic students were treated unfairly with early judgements proving out to be false – smeared by media. Not good, but making big comeback!”

Quoting Fox News, Trump added: “New footage shows that media was wrong about teen’s encounter with Native American.”

Here’s more, from USA Today:

Trump was referring to Nick Sandmann, the junior at the Northern Kentucky high school at the center of the incident. Sandmann and dozens of classmates were seen on a viral video filmed Friday standing face-to-face with Native American activist Nathan Phillips, who was pounding an indigenous drum in Sandmann’s face and chanting.

Tucker Carlson, a Fox News media personality, spoke on his show earlier Monday about the incident, which drew national backlash against the Kentucky students and, later, against the Native American man involved in the confrontation.

As BizPac Review reports, the students or the school could pursue legal action against entities who continue to vilify the students now that new information has exonerated them.

The fallout from the Washington incident continued onto Tuesday as the school closed amid security concerns, USA Today reports.

“After meeting with local authorities, we have made the decision to cancel school and be closed on Tuesday, January 22, in order to ensure the safety of our students, faculty and staff,” school principal Robert Rowe said according to the report.

“All activities on campus will be canceled for the entire day and evening,” he added. “Students, parents, faculty, and staff are not to be on campus for any reason. Please continue to keep the Covington Catholic Community in your prayers.”

And, via Cincinnati:

Student Nick Sandmann, who took centerstage in the clips, issued a statement firmly stating he wasn’t mocking anyone. President Donald Trump took to Twitter defending the teen.

On Tuesday, following the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday, police cruisers blocked the entrances to Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills, Kentucky. Addition cruisers circled the school.

Threats have poured in against students and the school itself with some going so far as to wish a school shooting upon Cov Cath, as it is called locally.

Here’s Tucker Carlson on the whole situation:

DISCLAIMER: Views expressed in articles do not necessarily reflect the views held by Sarah Palin.